The Best Ways To Clean Tile And Grout
You love your tile and/or grout floors.
And why wouldn’t you? These floors are versatile, they are durable, and they really tie the room together.
But boy, do they get dirty.
While one of the biggest selling points around tile and grout floors is that they are easy to clean and maintain, the fact of the matter is they do tend to get a little grimey and even discolored over time.
That’s why it’s important that you take careful precautions in order to keep your grout and tile floors clean. But how do you do that?
In this blog, we’ll go over a few tile and grout cleaning tips to help you maintain your floors so they look better and last longer.
If you’re in need of professional tile and grout cleaning, contact the fine folks over at Alamo Steam Team. We are the experts in San Antonio steam cleaning for floors of any type!
The Don’ts Of Grout And Tile Cleaning
The benefits of tile flooring is that it’s aesthetically pleasing, it’s affordable, and it’s durable. But when neglected, it tends to lose its sparkle.
The same thing goes for grout flooring, only it’s even more susceptible to dirt and stains because of its porous nature.
That’s why it’s imperative to take good care of your tile and grout flooring before it becomes a problem.
Here are a few other “don’ts” to avoid when cleaning your tile and grout:
- Don’t use bleach: Harsh chemical agents like bleach or acid can actually damage your tile and grout flooring as well as leave it susceptible to soils. These chemicals burn through the sealant (protective coating).
- Don’t neglect: You should consider mopping and/or rinsing your tile or grout floors at least once per week. The longer you neglect them, the more dirty and damaged they get. This is particularly true after a spill.
- Don’t scratch: One of the quickest ways to damage your flooring is to allow it to be scratched and scuffed. This is why you should avoid putting bare furniture on the flooring, as well as avoid using tools like steel wool pads to clean.
The Do’s Of Tile And Grout Cleaning
At Alamo Steam Team, we are the steam cleaning experts in San Antonio. We know how to take care of your flooring better than just about anyone.
Here are a few of the “do’s” to consider when cleaning your floors:
- Do sweep and vacuum: It’s essential that you sweep and/or vacuum even your tile and grout floors before you mop. That way, you can eliminate the pesky dry dirt, dust, and other particles before they sink in or spread out.
- Do clean up spills: This goes back to the neglect. When a spill occurs, particularly in the kitchen, it’s imperative that you clean it up right away. Remember to only use tile and grout-friendly cleaners that are free from bleach and other harsh chemicals.
- Do hire the professionals: With our San Antonio steam cleaning services, you can give your floors the much-needed attention they deserve. Our powerful, eco-friendly compounds loosen dirt and blast it away with high-powered steam. Learn more about our San Antonio tile and grout cleaners and contact us today!